Thursday, February 10, 2011

Greetings

My name is Charlene Swift. For many years I have been indulging my artistic impulses through various mediums such as watercolor, acrylic, pastels, and oils.  This blog will be a record of my endeavor to track the progress of my current work as I complete them. My past work has mostly been comprised of equine art and landscapes using my photos and field sketches as inspiration and springboards for my paintings.
My goal is to set up still lifes in my studio in order to help me train my eye to see subtle colors and reflections that are sometimes impossible for me to photograph. I will be working in my favorite medium, oils, on small canvases or gessoboards, usually 4"x4" sizes. This size will allow me to finish a painting in one to two sittings which works perfectly with my busy life schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment