Saturday, February 19, 2011

What a corker! 4" x 4" oil on gessoboard

I love the movie Far and Away with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. It has been a while since I have watched it but I remember a line in there where Tom calls Nicole a corker. I think it was a compliment- maybe.

The greatest challenge I seem to have is setting up the still life. Last night I rummaged through all my old bottles that I collected over the years. I love saving bottles. My family thinks I go a little overboard with that. Anyway I do have some great potentials for future paintings but for this one I settled on the same bottle that I did for the 10-minute challenge. I think it is an old beer bottle. Real cute as beer bottles go. Anyway, ok I had an amber bottle and a yellow flower and a cork in the same family of colors. I went again for the complement of the color to use for the background. So the complement of yellow orange is blue violet. A few color marks on the canvas  to test it and wow I felt I made a good decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment